February 05, 2013

2 for 1: Cross-stitched Rugs!

In the short life of this blog, I've already written about both rugs and cross-stitching multiple times.  Now get ready for both in one!

I've had images of Charlotte Lancelot's Canevas collection in my folder for a long time, and I am finally going to share them with those of you haven't yet seen her creations.

Charlotte created this collection for GAN, and each item is made by hand.  The embroidery is all made of felt, and adorns rugs (my favourite), cushions and oversized pouffes.

Lancelot focuses on the durability and longevity of her products, expecting them to change many hands over their life - as well they should.  I love the look of this collection!  The same technique can produce a very traditional result, like the faded-looking flower rug, or a very contemporary look - the pouffes have a pixilated digital look to them.  

These pieces will add texture to any room, and would be perfect to perk up a high traffic family or play room.  See below!



All photos via Contemporist.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...